Friday, April 8, 2011

Synthesizing Energy and ICT

Dear All,

I would like to cordially welcome you all who are interested in Energy field and would like to learn about how ICT developments create impact on energy industry and market. I decided to create this blog on the ground of the fact that the globe is very close to an energy crisis due to non-stop wars, waste of energy, unregulated markets, and overuse of energy that causes global warming. My blog in this chaos will serve as a means to analyze the effects of ICT in Energy consumption and production patterns, and what kind of opportunities exist in ICT field so that we can utilize such technology developments to improve energy conservancy and efficiency.

To give a little background about me in relation with energy field, as a candidate of Global MBA program at Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School, I am currently VP of internal education at Energy and Environmental Club and giving presentations in Natural Gas industry. As a team, within the scope of Innovation for Humanity Project, we have developed a Marketing Plan for a Solar Energy Company in Rwanda and improved their business operations. Also, we looked for other energy conservancy issues that can be feasible for Rwandese people. Today, within the scope of Discovery to Market project, we are looking for feasibility of producing Hydrogen through electrolysis process. Also, as a committed energy market analyst, I am interested in Natural Gas Pricing and trying to settle a project with one of our faculty at Carey Business School. Recently, I and my classmate have qualified at a case competition called as "Go Green in the City" arranged by Schneider Electric, at which competition we have developed idea to reduce energy consumption of electricity from utility companies. In this blog, I will also touch on different points of energy conservancy issues that may or may not be relevant with ICT.

All being said, I would like to make sure that you all will enjoy this blog and learn at the same time. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate you feedback comments on my entries so that I will have the opportunity to learn from your perspectives on energy field to develop my understanding and contribute more to the society.

Best for all,

Selim Çelikten
JHU Global MBA '12

2 comments:

  1. it is a great idea. i will be following and hope to be informed about the developments in the energy field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of problems that you mentioned, I would like to say, the second one, that is to say, waste of energy is the most crucial and urgent problem of this century. I believe that human beings can always come up with a way that will help use the energy that we possess more effeciently.
    Good luck to you in your innovation path. I will be following you

    ReplyDelete